Digital Development of Elefriends
Learn more about how we've developed elefriends, including major new features, when and how we decide to add them and other major online developments.
Our development ethos
Since the Ele was born on Facebook, Elefriends has been led by you. Elefriends is run by Mind, and we strongly believe in co-production, which means using your ideas, holding focus groups, discussions and brainstorms with you and testing new ideas or features with you. All of the major online developments made on elefriends have been done in partnership with groups of elefriends. If you're interested in taking part, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 21st: Made performance improvements to improve load times and speed on web and mobile
- 23rd: Launched badges which can be added to profiles, including 'I've been to a local mind' badge, 'I'm a Mind member' and 'I've fundraised with Mind'.
- 5th: Launched a new 'Local support' theme
- 12th: Launched a new 'Relaxation' theme
- Relaunched the Elefriends mobile apps with private messaging available
- Updated 'themes': to include larger images, smaller theme buttons within posts, more prominent suggest a theme link and improved relevant side bar content linking to useful Mind resources
- Launched themes based on elefriend feedback
- Elefriends site launched on https://www.elefriends.org.uk/. We had about 1100 sign ups in the first week.
- Funding received from Social Action Fund to develop training for members of the community and to develop the elefriend Facebook page. We got the first dedicated post. We worked with an agency called Unity on this.
- The Elephant in the Room Facebook page was launched as part of Mind Week 2011, which focused on mental health in the workplace. The concept and original logo was developed pro bono by a digital marketing agency, Weapon7. In June it won first prize in the IAB Creative Showcase.
We love feedback and regularly review your ideas and suggestions. There are lots of ways to tell us what you think- you can pop a suggestion onto the feedback wall, drop the Ele a private message, and you can keep an eye on the wall for posts from the Ele about opportunities to get involved.